23" ACD Flickering

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by gazfocus, Mar 3, 2008.

1. gazfocus macrumors 68000

gazfocus

I have got a fairly new 23" ACD connected to my MBP and I've started to notice that it flickers/judders quite frequently.

Is this a faulty display or is it something to do with my MBP?

2. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

A friend had the same problem with a 30 ACD and Apple replaced it twice !! It looks like a few faulty ones got by the quality control .. :(

3. gazfocus thread starter macrumors 68000

gazfocus

Thanks. I'll give AppleCare a ring.

4. gazfocus thread starter macrumors 68000

gazfocus

Ok, so AppleCare aren't helpful because I don't have telephone support! Hmmm. My nearest Apple store is about a 2 hour train journey :(

If I take my ACD to the Apple Store, will they run proper tests on it? The only reason I ask is the flickering is not constant, it comes and goes. I don't want to struggle with this screen to then be told it's fine.

5. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

No sure as we don't have an Apple store in Northern Ireland. Thankfully one is opening in Belfast in a few weeks time .... :)

I presume you have checked that the DVI plug is securely connected into the graphics card.

6. gazfocus thread starter macrumors 68000

gazfocus

Yeah I've tried numerous things. I use the ACD with a KVM so I can switch between my PC and my MBP so before I take it in, I will try it without the KVM switch but I can't see that making a difference to be honest.