23" ACD question

tonyeck

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 3, 2004
Las Vegas, NV
I have has my 23" (new style) ACD for just over 2 years now bought new with a Powermac G5.

I have always had 3 dead pixels since buying it but didn't ever suffer from the pink hue effect that tainted an otherwise great display...

So I go away for 6 weeks and return. I have a distinctive pink outline around all sides. The whites are now a very off pink color too!

I also notice groups of dead pixels now that I swear were never there until now. Here are pics:

Any ideas why and how these events would have happened? Would apple do anything about this wihtout apple care?

Thanks for any input

Fearless Leader

macrumors 68020
Mar 21, 2006
Hoosiertown
tonyeck said:
I have has my 23" (new style) ACD for just over 2 years now bought new with a Powermac G5.

I have always had 3 dead pixels since buying it but didn't ever suffer from the pink hue effect that tainted an otherwise great display...

So I go away for 6 weeks and return. I have a distinctive pink outline around all sides. The whites are now a very off pink color too!

I also notice groups of dead pixels now that I swear were never there until now. Here are pics:

Any ideas why and how these events would have happened? Would apple do anything about this wihtout apple care?

Thanks for any input

no not without $999 man that sucks. I had an old 17" acd lcd and one day evil blue verticle line of pixels. :mad:

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
My MacBook Pro has a spot like that. It's almost as if there is a spec of dust or something between the LCD panel and the backlight. The pixels still work normally, displaying the correct color, it's just a bit darker.:(

Fearless Leader

macrumors 68020
Mar 21, 2006
Hoosiertown
Unorthodox said:
Ack!
There's no need to quote the pics.
ohh opps i didn't realize the pics were quoted too. I guess you could replace the lcd pannel for about 200-300 but that might not fix it. You might be able to buy an old one off ebay. Mine was a year or two old when i bought it for 200$ 2years ago.

apfhex

macrumors 68030
Aug 8, 2006
Northern California
I have a spot just like that on mine. Looks like dust in between the panel and the backlight.

Edit: because everyone else included a pic... it's not a great representation of the spot, it's a little darker IRL.

Attachments