23" ADC Going White

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Benjamindaines, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

I have a 3 year old 23" Cinema Display (Aluminum) and recently it's been coming up very light / white (see picture below). After sitting for a while, it eventually came back to full color, but I have a feeling it's no longer going to come back to normal in the near future. Has anyone every seen anything like this? What could possibly be wrong, and how can I go about repairing it (obviously it is out of warranty, and it is used to pro photography, so replacing it with the new LED display is out of the question)?

--Thanks.

[​IMG]

2. harry454 macrumors 6502

wait so that image is a screen shot, or a shot with your external camera? try calibrating it in display settings, my old crt samsung from about 8 years ago still hasnt washed out

3. Benjamindaines thread starter macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

I'm not sure exactly how that picture was taken (I did not take it, someone else with the same problem posted it, but it's exactly what I'm experiencing (they have not received an answer in 4 months)). The display is calibrated, and when taking a screen shot the colors show up fine. Also the fact that the color came back after the display was left to sit leads me to think that it is not a problem with color profiles.

4. Aea macrumors 6502a

Aea

This is 90% certain a display problem, however what happens when you plug it into a different machine? Sometimes the screenshot method doesn't get what you truly see if it's computer-side.

5. Benjamindaines thread starter macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

It does the same thing off of an IBM laptop as well.

6. harry454 macrumors 6502

yeah no clue on how to fix it, try calling apple

7. sparkie7 macrumors 68000

sparkie7