23'' Aluminum Display

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ggoerl, Mar 12, 2011.

1. ggoerl macrumors regular

I have a question regarding the older aluminum displays. I'm looking to buy one and have been searching on craigslist. What is a fair price for one in decent condition, no dead pixels, scratches, scuffs, imperfections of the sort? basically mint you could say. Also how much does it cost to replace the logic board? There is one going for $150 that needs it replaced...

2. ggoerl thread starter macrumors regular

no one knows how much it would cost to replace the logic board let alone if $150 is fair?

3. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

I don't think they have logic boards... So I definitely would pass on that one. Not sure how easy it will be to find one in perfect condition, but if you do, probably $250-350 is what I would expect to pay. Likely the higher end or more for a perfect shape model.

4. ggoerl thread starter macrumors regular

Well apparently that is what the guy told me, he said he took it to the apple store and they said the "logic board" was fried cause he had a power surge. So he said it won't turn on now.

5. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

Interesting. I'd say that one is still definitely not worth buying. It will likely cost more to fix than it would to buy a working one to begin with. Apple replacement parts are absurdly expensive.

6. ggoerl thread starter macrumors regular

alrighty, well thanks for the insight I just needed reasonable price figure to go by.

7. toxic macrumors 68000

$350-400.

I dunno if it's called a logic board, but there is a PCB in all LCD monitors. basically for the buttons.