23" Apple Cinema Display

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by iamrobjr, Aug 23, 2010.

1. iamrobjr macrumors newbie

I have a 23" cinema display and the power light and the standby light will not come on what could this be ?

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Is the ACD connected to a Mac, and if it is, what exact Mac is it and how is it connected?

For the lost cause:

A more descriptive and precise thread title will help cater to the right audience and get you more responses. (see rule #3 under Minor Problems)
    To edit your thread title, just click on the [​IMG] button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the "Go Advanced" button below your message.

Have you also taken a look at MRoogle, since that question may have been asked several times?

3. iamrobjr thread starter macrumors newbie

Its connected to a unibody macbook pro 17". After playing with the power supply i am now getting a the white light to flicker but it is not constant.

4. iamrobjr thread starter macrumors newbie

I just checked with apple and it says if the light is blinking in a pattern of short long short then its my power supply.

5. ton123 macrumors member

You might want to try this trick:

"For those of you who don't want to spend +$100 on a 150W adapter may want to give this a try:

It turns out the middle pin in the power connector is a ground. When it read an incorrect voltage it makes the displays inverter turn off to protect the unit. One way to circumvent this is to cover the middle pin in the cord going from the monitor to the power brick. I used a piece of paper in the shape of a "W" covering just the middle pin. I double folded a piece of paper and folded it over the plug and down into the connector and then gently pushed the plug into the power brick. Once i did this the monitor popped on and all was good in the world... " from Jakobeon in Apple discussion forum
    http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2086442&start=15&tstart=15

Ppl report it solves the problem..

6. iamrobjr thread starter macrumors newbie

7. iamrobjr thread starter macrumors newbie

Took the monitor into apple today and they tested the power supply and that was not the problem. They said the monitor is getting power and the computer recognizes the monitor and what model it is and the resolution. Does anyone know what it could be ?