23" Cinema Died, will Apple upgrade to 24"??

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by ntdogg511, Nov 21, 2009.

1. ntdogg511 macrumors newbie

So my trusty 23" cinema died the other day. I'm just wondering if Apple will upgrade me to a 24" cinema since it's under AppleCare but they have discontinued the 23" over a year ago to date. Anyone have this happen to them? What did apple do?

I'm asking mainly because I'm a designer and hate the glossy 24", LED is cool but glossy is not.

Please don't post something stupid like just go to the store and find out. Obviously I'm gonna do that but I live pretty far from the Apple store and won't be able to take it in until after thanksgiving. I just wanted to see if anyone has had any experience with this.

Thanks!

2. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

I wouldn't recommend going to the store, but you could try calling and asking. :)

3. gjw4u macrumors 6502

Call Apple and ask them what AppleCare will do for you in this situation.

4. 21ce macrumors member

Not sure if this would help, but I had the 1g iPod touch when they discontinued it for the 2g I was still under apple care and brought it in. I ended up still getting another 1g as a replacement. So i guess it depends if they still stock refurbished and what is worth their trouble.

5. Umbongo macrumors 601

Umbongo

They must have a solution for those covered by Applecare but who who do not have a mini DisplayPort connection. I wouldn't be surprised if they had 23" stock remaining.

6. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

They will repair the unit or replace with same model, likely a refurb.

7. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

You still see these up on the refurb store from time to time.

However it probably depends on parts and time at your local store. If they have them and how far out it will take, plus the managers discretion.

Likely they will just repair, but they may replace.