23" Cinema Display Woes

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by shaunymac, Sep 6, 2009.

1. shaunymac macrumors 6502

Well, I had problems with my 23" HD cinema display a few weeks back. I took it to the genius bar in cincinnati and they told me it was the power adapter. Go figure. It has been fine ever since.

However, it has started acting up on me again. Just the other day, it has randomly been cutting off. I have to unplug the monitor from the power brick and plug it back in for it to respond.

1. Is my brick dead again? It is only 2 weeks old

2. Or is it something more serious?

Thanks for your suggestions guys.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

If you try another power adapter (perhaps at the Apple store) and it still happens then it is the display and not the brick.

3. shaunymac thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, that was what I was afraid of. It is just shocking that it would already be another brick. It has been hooked up to a power supply since I got this one.

If the apple store in Nashville is like the one in Cincinnati, they will not have any "test" bricks on site.

Oh well, I guess I will make the appoint for the genius bar after all. Sigh.

4. shaunymac thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, I haven't made and appointment but I have found a temporary solution. Unplugging and replugging the monitor plug into the power brick somehow fixes the problem temporarily.

I know problems are magnified on the internet, esp. when you get on a mac website, but this just seems crazy. I had that brick for around a week and the buttons became non-responsive. Ahh! Pisses me off.

I have now resorted to hot corners and just sleeping the display that way.