23" Cinema HD Clear Encasement is Flickering

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by krinoid, Dec 3, 2009.

1. krinoid macrumors newbie

Monitor flickering. Anyone have any experience with this type troubleshooting? is it done for?

2. krinoid thread starter macrumors newbie

I have a monitor that is flickering badly. How do I diagnose or troubleshoot this thing? Help guys...

Thanks for all the support.

3. krinoid thread starter macrumors newbie

Why am I not receiving any replies? Am I not describing something correctly? No one here has the experience to help? Admins, whats up?

4. JediMeister macrumors 68040

The general Mac OS X help suggests this may be due to "interference from a nearby power line, a fluorescent light, a radio, a microwave oven, another computer, or another electrical device" and that relocating such devices or the computer/display may resolve this. If it persists despite making changes to the nearby environment you should probably bring the display in for diagnosis. Generally the Apple Store in your area will offer complimentary evaluation of the device in question but whether the repair (if one is required) is billable or not is primarily going to be determined by your warranty status.

5. krinoid thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes. Did all of the above. Still flickering. How does one diagnose a faulty piece in this model Cinema Display? I am sure someone on this forum has worked on an LCD before.