23 days (still counting...) waiting for a new iMac in Germany

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by henriquede81, Nov 13, 2014.

1. henriquede81 macrumors member

Hi!

I ordered a new iMac retina on the 21st of October of 2014 on the German Apple Store by phone. I live in Germany.

On the 30th of October of 2014 the order was canceled by Apple without any single notification. I realized myself about that, surprisingly, checking the status online on the week after! I confirmed that everything is OK with my credit card.

I called them again and the order was set on place again on the 4th of November of 2014. The answer from Apple on my humble question "why was my order canceled?" was a simple "we don't know!"

Today, 13th of November of 2014, just checked online that my order status is updated from "Shipping is prepared" to "Order Processing" :confused: ?? How can this be possible?

The current delivery date is tomorrow: 14th of Nov of 2014 ... I wonder if my new iMac will just materialize itself in my living room during the night ... what the hell should I do? Could someone give me some advise?

Cheers

2. neil1980 macrumors 6502

Its happened to a whole bunch of people on the iMac section.

Mine was ordered on the 3rd and still no sign of it

3. nightmars macrumors member

nightmars

Yeah, happens quite often here in Germany.

I don't know where you are from exactly, but in Baden-Württemberg there are numerous stores that have them in stock ;-)

4. henriquede81 thread starter macrumors member

Hello again!

Thanks for your comments, I just had an uptade to my order status:

It will be delivered on the 26th-28th of November of 2014!

More than one full month once I did the order! (21st of Oct!)

I feel I'm being fooled ... I'm just a small step away to completely cancel my order ... I found this completely unacceptable.

btw I live in Munich but I found no retina imacs customized available in any store around :confused: