23 inch HD ACD - Where can I buy now?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Fujilives, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Fujilives macrumors newbie

Hi!

I currently have one 23 inch ACD - and I love it. I'd love to have a second one, and at work here, we'd love to have one for the new system we'll be buying soon (typing this on a ppc g5 @ work).

Anyhow, as of a couple weeks ago, they were aparently discontinued! I tried all the major places, and I even called up the places to see if there were any in storage as replacement parts etc. I cannot find "new" acd's anywhere outside of e-bay or craigslist type deals (which arent really the most reliable sources and scare me a bit to be honest).

So... macrumors being the source of all things mac, I'm hoping someone here can come through with a reliable source to still purchase "new" apple 23" HD displays at reasonable prices (I found one on amazon listed for 2,000...).

Please, if you have information on this post it here or email me - " fujilives @ yahoo "

Thanks much in advance!
    Fujilives

2. jackiecanev2 macrumors 65816

jackiecanev2

I don't know if by "new" you mean not-secondhand, but if you do, refurb 23" ACD's pop up in the Apple refurb store all the time. They're aesthetically "new", and often times in better working order than off-the-line units, as Apple is fairly meticulous about inspecting their refurbished products.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

You can look on ebay, craigslist, other tech boards where you qualify to see their marketplace, or you can wait around and see if one pops up on the refurb store.

4. vincecamerano macrumors newbie

Hey I just bought a refurbished one and I cant be more happier. I personally dont think it has ever been used. If you want new go to bestbuy.com they have some brand new ones in stock. I would hurry up though they wont be their for long.

5. dinaluvsApple macrumors regular

my local craigslist in toronto has like 4 for sale
    all under $700 with apple care until 2010.

legit sellers too.

im gonna wait until march though to pick one up.
    hopefully still there.

6. michaelsviews macrumors 65816

I know for a fact that the Albany NY store in Crossgates mall has 3 Brand new on the shelf. I was there last night , there selling more of the 20's than anything else. 518-869-3192 better hurry though