24" 2.16 iMac?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by yarngrrl, May 13, 2008.

1. yarngrrl macrumors member

I need to get a new machine, as my 3 year old 17" iMac's logic board is fried. (unfortunately, revB's are exempt from the extended logic board warranty :( )

I can't spend a ton right now, but the 24" 2.16 Core 2 Duo refurb is attractive to me for a couple of reasons, mainly the matte screen and the price is nice for that kind of real estate. I've also heard some conflicting reports about the aluminum cases.

Does anyone have any experience with this machine? Good, bad or otherwise?

2. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

I had a 20" Core Duo iMac before my current aluminum 24" and I loved it. I don't think you'd regret getting the 24" white C2D iMac one bit. If you don't like glossy it's definitely your best option.

That said, I do love my aluminum iMac. What negative things have you heard about the aluminum cases, exactly? I've had zero issues with mine and I actually prefer the design to that of my prior white machine.

Really they're all good though. :D

3. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

It's a sweet machine, FW800, the glorious matte screen, performance is more than adequate especially with 3GB of RAM installed and if you can get it for a good price then I would jump at it.

4. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

I actually owned a 24" iMac just like that (except it had the upgraded 7600GT video card). It was a fabulous computer - great performance, great screen, fun to use. I bought it on eBay and then turned around and sold it (mistake, but I decided to just use my MacBook Pro). :) :apple:

5. MacinDoc macrumors 68020

MacinDoc

I have the 2.33 GHz with the 7600GT and love it! If you can get a good price, go for it!