24" ----> 21.5"

Discussion in 'iMac' started by fjfjfjfj, Dec 6, 2012.

1. fjfjfjfj macrumors regular

So my fully loaded 21.5" iMac arrived today and is up and running. I am going from a 2008 24" iMac. Even when I first purchased my 24" iMac, I always felt like the screen was too big. I don't like working with multiple things open at once and everything just gets centered in the middle of the display anyway. So I just couldn't see myself being comfortable with an even bigger 27" display. But of course, now that I am up and running on the 21.5" I can't help but feel like the screen is small. I know I will get used to it and of course, it's perfectly big enough for the surfing the web I mostly use it for but the initial shock of losing those extra inches is shaking my confidence. Anyone else go from 24 to 21.5 and have any thoughts or longer term feedback?

On a side note, the speed difference going from the 2008 model to a fusion drive with 16gb of RAM is incredible...very happy with that.

2. rpramanik macrumors regular

yup, why i went 27

Same reason why I am testing my patience and went with the 27... don't know what is coming up... replaced my 06' 24in

3. Yebubbleman macrumors 68030

Yebubbleman

I'd say that you should solve this problem by getting an external 24" monitor. That way, you still have the real estate you had before, plus the internal 21.5" display of the iMac. Win-win. 24" monitors are getting cheaper too.