$24.95 Jailbreak/Unlock sites- safe??

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by iBeLuke, May 25, 2011.

1. iBeLuke macrumors newbie

hey buds - i have read so many posts on jailbreaking/unlocking, with many having problems. my head is spinning from too much info. i have two at&t i phones - a 2g: 3.1.3 on 4.04.05_G-3.9 and a 3g: 4.2.1 on 5.15.04-6.2. sorry to say i'm kinda freaked out doing this on my own - because i'm not good at this kind of thing. can anyone recommend any of the pay-for sites that can do this? i can't afford to mess up! i would really appreciate some input. cheers:confused:

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

well it's safe but why pay when they use the same free software from the Dev-team! :rolleyes: http://blog.iphone-dev.org/ tutorials at Iclarifiied also if your really afraid to do it yourself. lots of people on Craigslist that will do it for about $10. it's really not that hard if you can't figure it out I would stick with apples firmware.

Jailbreak Wizard here

3. Cortezbanks macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

It's really EXTREMELY easy. Just read instructions on iclarified and you should be good to go with any ability to follow directions

4. iBeLuke thread starter macrumors newbie

i kinda think i just want to unlock - not necessarily jailbreak. i read that is possible, too. (?)

5. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

not possible, must jailbreak to unlock unless you pay for an official unlock code which I think are no longer being done after news spread of the loophole.

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

if you are in the UK or Canada or other places you can ask your carrier if you can Factory Unlock it. if you are AT&T then you must Jailbreak and Unlock. my signature has info to check your devices. Start by reading stickies at the top also. I can tell you are setting yourself up to be a sucker for one of these unlock sites. they love to take money then try to get service. ;)

7. iBeLuke thread starter macrumors newbie

thx labman - yes, i have read that, too. getting out-of-focus here. ok, so i have to do both. call me a wimp - any sites i can pay-for to do it? cheers

8. labman macrumors 604

labman

if your really that wimpy find somebody on Craigslist trust me! you do know there is no suck thing as bricking. if you screw up try try again. also with these sites you still have to do the work. they simply charge suckers for software that is already free.

9. rerelease macrumors regular

SIM interposers (like Gevey SIM) work without jailbreaking as far as I've heard.

10. labman, May 25, 2011
    Last edited: May 25, 2011

labman macrumors 604

labman

that is a unlock not a jailbreak. also Grevy is a Micro Sim for Iphone 4. I think you are only confusing the TS. but I really think he should stick with Stock IOS any way. 2g is very easy to jb/ul 3g will require ipad baseband