24"ACD Crumpling/ folding at the edges

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by wietsedegraaf, Jan 27, 2011.

1. wietsedegraaf macrumors newbie

Hey all! I have a problem with my LED 24 inch screen. At the right edge of the display, the LCD film is crumpled inside. I have a photo of it here:

http://web.me.com/wietsedegraaf/web.jpg

Any ideas? Quick remedies? Estimates on repair/ replace costs? Curious to see what it is..!

Thanks in advance,

Wietse

2. jenzjen macrumors 68000

How did that happen, or did you just notice it and/or buy it?

3. wietsedegraaf thread starter macrumors newbie

It just happened. About a year after getting it, I was working when I saw the bulge popping out. Its not extremely noticable, but it is rather annoying, and will destroy the resale value of it :(

4. snberk103 macrumors 603

If it's almost about a year, I'd call Apple Care and see if it's covered by the warranty. Can't hurt.

5. Washac macrumors 68020

Washac

Hi

Ouch!

I do have to say I have had trouble with all the Apple displays I have owned.

Only one that seems to hang in there and be OK is the Laptop one.

I really have no faith in Apple displays at all.

6. snberk103 macrumors 603

1 ACD, 5 laptops (in the family, past and present) : no problems.

I trust them.

7. jenzjen macrumors 68000

Call Apple regardless, play the sympathy card since that does look really unusual. If you catch someone on a good day and there's no signs of physical damage, you might get lucky.

8. 3282868 macrumors 603

Was the display purchased alongside a Mac? If so, it may be covered if AppleCare was purchased (I believe that is still the case, if a display is bought with a Mac systsm and AppleCare, AppleCare will cover the display). If not, call AppleCare or take it into your local Apple Store. I have a good rapport with my local Genius bar, they replaced one of my displays due to a slight hue in the panel, and even allowed me to purchase AppleCare well after it was allowed. It's always a gamble.