24" and Leopard- Hard to wait

tthere5

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2006
81
0
Phila, PA
Couldn't be more psyched about getting the 24" iMac. I think I'm going to try to hold on till it comes with Leopard tho. Just because I can afford it now doesn't mean I want to drop another $200 in a few months. Anyone with me?
 

Sobering

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2006
233
0
Canada
Do you really want to be waiting upward of 6 months just for an OS with a few new features? OS X 10.5 isn't going to be that much different, with the exception of a few new programs. I think you should just buy the computer now and drop the $150 later when it actually comes out.
 

Cider

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2006
16
0
Liverpool
tthere5 said:
Anyone with me?
I'm with you tthere5. I think it boils down to juggling 'wanting' the upgrade and 'needing' the upgrade. I too will wait until Jaguar (and who knows maybe even an iLife '07 update).

Then again, maybe i'll weaken once we get some feedback from those who have received their 24 inchers :D
 

aaron.lee2006

macrumors 65816
Feb 23, 2006
1,215
0
Ontario, Canada
Cider said:
I too will wait until Jaguar (and who knows maybe even an iLife '07 update).
Was that supposed to be a joke, incase it wasn't Jaguar was like 10.2 release long time ago with like iMac G3's. Leopard is the new one.
 

nitynate

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2006
866
0
Clearwater, FL
Cider said:
I'm with you tthere5. I think it boils down to juggling 'wanting' the upgrade and 'needing' the upgrade. I too will wait until Jaguar (and who knows maybe even an iLife '07 update).

Then again, maybe i'll weaken once we get some feedback from those who have received their 24 inchers :D
oooOOOOOooooOOOOO!!!!

I cant wait for Jaguar. :rolleyes:


And that iLife '02 upgrade??


I am SO excited.

Soon we may even get Powerbook G4's!
 

Allotriophagy

macrumors 6502a
Sep 5, 2006
917
0
If you WANT an iMac just now, then get it. As for Leopard, you have no choice but to wait. And if you do not mind waiting, then wait a little longer and buy it second hand a month or two later. Or get a student friend to buy it for you.
 

aaron.lee2006

macrumors 65816
Feb 23, 2006
1,215
0
Ontario, Canada
Allotriophagy said:
If you WANT an iMac just now, then get it. As for Leopard, you have no choice but to wait. And if you do not mind waiting, then wait a little longer and buy it second hand a month or two later. Or get a student friend to buy it for you.
Isn't that kind of illegal?
 

iJawn108

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2006
1,197
0
3 weeks ago i had my visa in hand and walked into carbon computers to buy a mac... what don't they have the midrange macbook... so im playing with the iMacs and what dont they have in stock? the 20inchers.

:( Now I will probibly just wait for either a kickass MBP(i have more $ to burn now) update in like the next 2 weeks or ill just wait it out till leopard/iLife 07/santa rosa.