24" Apple cinema display

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by tayaub, Jun 20, 2009.

1. tayaub macrumors newbie

Hi guys, I'm looking at buying the 24" Display from apple. I already have a 32 Samsung set-up but it's a LCD T.V. I would prefer to move it downstairs and get the apple display, the only question I had was will I ever be able to hook anything apart from my Macbook Pro to it?

I have a PS3 and a 360. I have had a quick look around on the internet but not found any information. I have a feeling it's going to be a big NO! Thanks for your help.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

3. tayaub thread starter macrumors newbie

Damn I knew it, so there's no chance of being able to buy an adapter of some sort in the future?

4. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Many have said that it is theoretically impossible, but there's a company making Mini DisplayPort monitors that claims to be making an adapter from DVI to Mini DisplayPort (the opposite of the current Apple adapter). They've even said that it requires power (which is how any real adapter like that would be), so we'll see. I can't imagine it'll be cheap.

5. tayaub thread starter macrumors newbie

Looks like it will just have to make do with my Macbook Pro for a companion then, the games consoles can stay with the tv. Thank you for all your help. Much appreciated

6. rkdiddy macrumors 65816

rkdiddy

You know what you could do - is pick-up an adapter like the EyeTV and hook in through the USB. You will be able to watch TV and connect a gaming console.

This is the workout around I would use - since skill is right.

Cheers.:apple: