24" Apple LED not displaying anything

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Chaosg5, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Chaosg5 macrumors newbie

I just got my 2.8 Quad Mac Pro and have tried to connect it to my 24" Apple LED Cinema Display which I got along with it. I simply get no image on the screen, it remains black. :(

Everything else seems fine, Mouse and Keyboard connected to the screen works, I hear the warning sounds out of it's speakers when I click key on the initial startup screen that I know is there (I hear the speaking/sound effects as well). There just simply is no image.

The graphics card I have is the 5870, I've tried both display ports several times. When I use a flashlight I can see it's fan spinning like it should.

I have no other screen or anything to try against atm, as I don't have the needed adapters with me. I've gone through the instructions in the manual, restarted the computer, nothing. :(

Only thing that I've done before starting up is replaced the RAM with 4x2GB Kingston ones. I will keep trying and it's hopefully something really easy, I just don't know what.

Edit: Solved it by checking around inside, even tho the GPU fan was running the second of the two power wires were not properly inserted into the socket on the motherboard.

2. FuNGi macrumors 65816

FuNGi

Uh....call Applecare. Sounds like you got a loose wire in the LED. Also, search this forum before posting.