24" Cinema Display ... I have to ask ...

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by entatlrg, Mar 4, 2009.

1. entatlrg macrumors 68040

entatlrg

What makes it worth twice as much as say an HP w2408h Display? Which can be bought for under $400. At $900 I have to say that price is almost unbelievable for a monitor ...

Or, am I missing something? I admit it's beautiful but why pay twice as much for it over an HP monitor ...

2. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

3. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

All the cables you need built in, to add to the list.

4. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

Don't forget you're also paying for a brand. The monitor is designed to work flawlessly with any of the Mini-DisplayPort equipped macs currently available. The iSight camera in it automatically switches over from the one in the screen of a laptop. It even charges your laptop for you.

While many (all?) displays will work out of the box anyway, this display is built for a mac. It's a perfect compliment and matches the style of your mac.

5. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

I was just asking myself this same question literally 30seconds ago before I saw this thread.
    I think in the end when it comes down to it I'm willing to pay more for something I know was made for my computer. I know everything will work perfectly.
    Im searching for a monitor mainly for photo editing. I'm almost 100% that I will buy this monitor. Photography is something I take very seriously so again thats a reason to spend the extra cash on something I know is quality.

6. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

Superior Panel
    LED Backlight
    Aluminium and Glass Enclosure
    Built in Cables
    Complete Mac Compatibility
    Its Apple.

7. KnightWRX macrumors Pentium

KnightWRX

The HP w2408h is a TN Film panel, the Apple LED Cinema Display is a H-IPS screen, which makes a big difference in the cost right there. Try to a price a HP lp2475w, which also has a H-IPS panel but with wide-color gamut support and you should see the price difference melt away.