24" Cinema Display just came in!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jsnuff1, Apr 14, 2010.

1. jsnuff1 macrumors 6502a

I ordered a refurbished 24" Cinema Display last week while it was on the refurb store (and was hoping that the new MBP's would get announced this week, lucked out!).

Display looks awsome, and its the first time a bought a refurb item from Apple and im glad i did so...I cant find one indication that this was a used display. No scratches, cables look brand new, and even all the stickers are there.

Now I just have to wait for my new 15" MPB to arrive so I can really test it out (cant wait to see these two together).

Just have one question, how is the sound from the speakers in this display? Will sound come out from both the laptop and display when the display speakers are enabled?

2. yensteel macrumors regular

Congrats on your purchase!

The speakers are surprisingly good for speakers that are built in the monitors with good clarity and soundstage. However, it isn't as good as a decent 2.1 speaker setup.

The sound will only come out of either the display, or the macbook pro. When you connect the display's usb input to the mac, it will default to the display's output (well, at least for me).

If you want to, you can go to system preferences > Sound > Output and select the sound output.

3. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

4. mac88 macrumors 6502

Very nice purchase! I got my 24" ACD from the refurb. store and I found absolutely nothing wrong with it. With the money I saved I found it to be a great buy. The speakers actually sound very good considering they are built into the frame. They actually have a decent amount of bass and thump to them. Enjoy your new display! :D

5. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

I'm in the same boat! The refurb displays go out of stock quickly on apple.com! I bought one when they became available, and then I was waiting to buy a new MBP... my current model doesn't have mini displayport and i didn't want to pay for an adaptor for something that I'd soon be getting rid of.

So I have my refurb display just sitting in the box - can't wait to use it on my new MBP!

6. rkdiddy macrumors 65816

rkdiddy

7. Kalison macrumors member

Mine wasn't a refurb, but the display is absolutely gorgeous!

Congrats!

8. auero macrumors 65816

I bought mine at the store today and debated on opening it since I have the high-resolution 15". I really like it although the price tag was expensive. Paid $800 out the door no tax (thanks delaware).

I think I may have a warm spot on the bottom towards the bottom near the middle. Not sure what to do really. I love the display but I also have a 15" high res so its almost pointless in a way to have besides working on a bigger screen, not gaining much more room. Might have not meant to be. I'll probably return it tomorrow for a refund.

9. BigJohno macrumors 65816

Had to send my refurbished 24" back the day after I got it because the lower third of the screen had a yellow tint. :/ hopefully the next one they send me doesn't have this problem. Do you guys know if it is a common problem on the displays? I remember people talking about it on the 24" iMacs.