24' Cinema Display to old MacBook

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by runner92101, Sep 21, 2009.

1. runner92101 macrumors newbie

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I have looked at several threads on macrumors.com and there were no definitive answers that I could find. Please also correct me if I am wrong about what I've listed as male vs. female.

My husband has a new MacBook Pro with the female mini display port that allows the 24' Cinema Display to plug into it, since the cable that comes out of the 24' Cinema Display is a male mini display port. He purchased the 24' Cinema Display without knowing that my work MacBook (couple years old) only has mini DVI female in it.

I have not found a single cable or a string of cables that I can purchase to make this work. I've heard Altona might make one, and I've heard monoprice.com has what I need, but I was unable to find the correct sequence of cables on either of these websites.

Apparently there is NO female mini display port to male mini DVI connection. Does anyone know of a place where I can get the components to daisy chain together and make this work?

Thanks very much.

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Sorry, but there is no solution for you at the moment.

3. waw74 macrumors 68030

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

5. runner92101 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks

Thanks for the information. So I guess I either need to:

a) spend $170 on the Gefen DVI to Mini Display Port adapter + mini DVI to DVI adapter

b) ask my boss for a new MacBook

Super.