24 Cinema Display with NO VIDEO! Audio, USB & MagSafe still work?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by h4lp m3, Jan 2, 2014.

1. h4lp m3, Jan 2, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2014

h4lp m3 macrumors 6502

I have a 24" Cinema Display model A1267 and for what ever reason there's nothing on the screen, even though all the other features work. I tried that trick with a flashlight but couldn't see anything on the display.

UPDATE: If I unplug and plug it back in over and over, it will eventually come on. Sometimes it takes 10 times, other times it takes 50. :confused:

2. jenzjen macrumors 68000

Any recent flickering or general dimming, maybe the backlight is gone.

3. olegunnar macrumors member

It's a known anomaly of the cinema displays, I think. I did a search to see if the cinema displays were prone to error after buying mine (yes, "after", because I'm an idiot).

What you describe seems to be fairly common. Look here, for instance: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3756359?start=0&tstart=0

From memory the most common cause was the internal PSU of the cinema display. Some bloke replaced it and had the display working again.

Mine's still working, so I haven't investigated it further.

4. h4lp m3 thread starter macrumors 6502

It's dim compared to my MBP, a little yellow and has "spotlights" at the bottom of the display.

Attached Files:

5. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Had mine for over 3 years. After about a year and half, the PSU kicked the bucket and had to have it replaced for 70 bucks or so by the Apple store. Just glad it wasn't the panel.