24 Hour Clock Problem - US 12hour, UK 24hour - WTF?? Why Can't It Be Changed?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by HelixOmnimedia, Oct 3, 2007.

1. HelixOmnimedia macrumors 6502a

HelixOmnimedia

Got my touch today... just going through it and found something strange.

I can't seem to get the clock to display non-24 hour time... even though it 24 hour clock is turned off. In the Set Date and Time section, the time shows the time in 12hour clock with AM and PM... but where's its highlighted blue, and displayed on the top bar, is still in 24.

Any idea on how to fix this? Is this a known bug?

2. HelixOmnimedia thread starter macrumors 6502a

HelixOmnimedia

I think I have found the problem...

I'm in the UK, so for the General > International > Region Format > Says: United Kingdom... but if I change it to United States. The time appears in 12hours with AM and PM. (Also the 24-Hour Clock ON/OFF works).

Why doesn't this work for UK? We don't all tell/use 24 hour clock!

Leaving it at the United States changes the format for telephone numbers, date ect...ect..

Just found out that this is also the same on the Mac... HOW has this been overlooked? :mad:

Anyone know how or where I can bring this to Apple's attention?

3. johnsonsimon macrumors newbie

sorry i cant answer your question, but your comment on this being the same on the mac is just untrue, you can go into clock settings and uncheck the 'Use 24 Hour Clock' check box, which switches the clock to a 12 hour clock.

Personally I prefer a 24 hour clock anyway so it wont be an issue when i get my Touch.