Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

atlchamp

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 19, 2012
Atlanta
hey guys. Thought I would start a thread discussing our initial reactions to the iPhone 6s 24+ hours from having it for the first time. What do you guys think and are your surprised or disappointed? Let's have fun!

vikingjunior

Cancelled
Aug 17, 2011
Coming back after 2 years with Android is a delight. I don't know what I was thinking trying to substitute an android for a iPhone. I absolutely love it, bought the lighting dock and apple silicon case today at Apple Store I was in and out within minutes. The fluidity is just amazing and also glad I downsized to a 4.7 screen, those 5.5 screens were just not a good fit for me. So happy to be home with my Apple iPhone.

atlchamp

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 19, 2012
Atlanta
Battery life is good for me and idc about it that much. There are chargers everywhere lol

TouchedByAl

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2007
Salt Lake City
Battery life has been less then impressive so far. I'm a stickler for sticking to full charge cycles so hopefully it'll improve over the next week or so. Loving the phone otherwise! Force touch is neat but we'll see how much I'll use it same goes for live photos. I've noticed a few nagging software issues I'm hoping get cleared up. For some odd reason I'm noticing the settings menu randomly freezing up, keyboard lag when responding to a text message when responding from a notification. Notification alerts and general volume seems to be a bit more crisp and louder then the 6.

Reactions: dave420

dzarc

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2013
Battery life is significantly worse when I compare the new 6s+ to the old 6+ (both using 9.1). You guys think it has to do with the Hey Siri always on feature?

AdamantAuk

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2015
SF Bay Area
Upgraded to a 6s from a 3-year-old iPhone 5, so my battery life wasn't great before, and I'm enjoying getting more time away from the plug.

Honestly, it's just awesome. I was so reluctant to switch because I thought I wouldn't be able to reach the upper part of the larger screen, but I've adapted, and now I can't remember how I ever lived with less screen real estate. I love the curved screen and rounded edges compared to my 5. Love the Touch ID. Even love the new vibration engine. Everything is SO fast. I'm glad I didn't know I would like it so much, or the wait to receive it would have been even more torturous!

Rocko9999

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2015
Death Valley ca.
Coming from 6 to 6S Plus I really like it. With the exceptions of a few hangs for a second or two when unlocking the speed is nice. The camera is not much of an improvement over the 6. It still have an over aggressive noise algorithm that puts a water color effect on the pics at times. The S upgrades are always minor and this is the case also but I am content.

aced411

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2007
Surprisingly stable and much better battery than my iPhone 5. I used it like mad and had plenty of battery left at the end of the day. Then again I always disable background refresh and lock down location services to just a few apps.

roeiz

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2010
Coming from 6 to 6S Plus I really like it. With the exceptions of a few hangs for a second or two when unlocking the speed is nice. The camera is not much of an improvement over the 6. It still have an over aggressive noise algorithm that puts a water color effect on the pics at times. The S upgrades are always minor and this is the case also but I am content.

this is what i find very annoying.. when you look closely everything is not sharp,
it has this water color "finish"..
i know other phones have other uncool smears, but i expect more from a newer camera.

Reactions: Rocko9999

mvray1

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2015
Upgraded to 6S from 3 year old iPhone 5. So far it's a great step up. Touch Id is fast. Happy with battery life too. Did a 2.5 hour mountain bike ride with my ride tracking app running which uses GPS. Much less battery draw down than expected. Camera is awesome. Live photos seems more of a gimmick but I'll give it some use to try out.

Only negative so far is my credit union app doesn't respond to touch. It will load fine. Tried changing 3D touch settings and a lot of other things with no luck. Any ideas would be welcome.
All my other apps work fine.

thatpluslife

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2015
I absolutely love my 6s+! Battery life has been wonderful and actually very surprising. I took it out of the box on friday and it lasted me a whole day on the 70% battery. I was expecting the battery to run out quicker than it did. No complaints what so ever. I'm a happy camper :)

NikkiJayne

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2012
England
Like others on here, I've upgraded from a 5 that was two and a bit years old. I am in love with the camera! Of course it's not as good as a 'real' camera, but for something that's so compact I'm over the moon with it. The overall speed is fantastic, and I am very excited about finally using Apple Pay!

My 5 was suffering with randomly losing 20% of battery within a few minutes, so the battery on this is a real improvement.

I think the only negative I can come up with is that now I've put it in its Spigen case it's pretty large and my hand hurts to hold it after a while. How people deal with the 6s+ I will never know!

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
this is what i find very annoying.. when you look closely everything is not sharp,
it has this water color "finish"..
i know other phones have other uncool smears, but i expect more from a newer camera.

Coming from DSLR I think people looking at this the wrong way, and it got blown out of proportion. When I looked at my photo from DSLR at full size all I saw was noises. No wonder Apple want to clean that up. And before you all will tell me about picture size or megapixel blah blah blah, just look at iPhone ad campaign "Shot by iPhone" on big billboard. Isn't that beautiful? Even at that very large size you didn't look at it full size either because of the distance between you and billboard.

Beezy253

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2013
Tacoma, WA
I'm coming from a 5s (which was recently replaced, so I have a fresh battery), and I have to say, the battery life on the 6s sucks.

Also, I'm sure it's because I'm not coming from a 6, but the 6s feels huge to me.
Really enjoying the super fast, more responsive Touch ID sensor.

But I do notice a bit of lag when swiping up form the bottom.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.