24 Hr. 5th Avenue Store in NYC: Wait Inside??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lilnyc, Jun 25, 2007.

1. lilnyc macrumors 6502a

lilnyc

This may be a dumb question, but I was wondering about it.

The 5th Avenue Apple store in New York City is a 24-hour store. I wonder if they are going to limit the amount of people who can wait indoors. Are they going to close beforehand like the AT&T stores? If not, people may go in there and 'browse' for 7 hours until...showtime!

What do you think?

2. Turkish macrumors 6502

It's been speculated that all of the Apple Stores--24 hours or not--will be closing for a couple of hours before the 6 p.m. launch.

Probably true.

They just can't walk out on the floor with the phones at 6 and say "here you go!"

3. lilnyc thread starter macrumors 6502a

lilnyc

That makes sense. But even if they open about 2-hrs. prior to launch, it'll be comfy to wait inside. They'll probably have a line roped off that starts outdoors, I'd assume.

I just hate that I can' be there for this experience :(

4. JMax1 macrumors 6502

JMax1

How many million people do you think will be waiting at the 24 hr NYC store?

5. MLeepson macrumors 6502

1,000,001 including myself, and I'm not even getting one. I'll be there with a friend and just there to try them (iPhone) out. I can't wait!

They'll probably get the police involved, or at least like when they opened the store (for the first time); get barricades.

6. JMax1 macrumors 6502

JMax1

So how dumb an idea is it to use that store for me to buy it?

7. Uptown710 macrumors member

There is no way im going to 5th ave to get the phone...Too much foot traffic. Im just gonna go somewhere a lil more obscure...

8. ps49556n macrumors regular

I agree, there is no way I would consider waiting over there. THat place is PACKED on a regular saturday. I really have no idea how they will execute their plans on 5th ave but I have though of two scenarios:

Allow a certain amount of people in at a time who are just interested in an iphone. Bring them inside, sign a waiting list and wait for your name.

another possibility would be to have people wait in a neat, orderly line outside, while attendents allow customers to sign in while on line. THis reduces the amount of people inside the store just waiting.