24" iMac a Safer Bet?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by jodr, Feb 23, 2010.

1. jodr macrumors member

I've gone through two brand new 21.5" iMacs now, both with bad yellow tinge, unacceptable for the video and graphics stuff I need to do with it (and of course, for any new premium-priced computer...but Apple is still willing to sell them and hope we don't notice?).

I finally got a refund, and while I don't want to defect to PCs (it would be a pain considering I work off of a MBP, too) - I was wondering if the 24" iMacs are a safer bet. Mac Connection is selling an awfully attractive one. After unboxing two lemons, I'm a little gun-shy.

2. TMRaven macrumors 68020

TMRaven

I say go for it. If you're not planning on getting a 27 inch for the nehalem processors or mobility 4850s, then I don't think there's any reason not to choose a 24 inch over a 21.5 inch if you can find it cheaper.

3. MaLiLoMAC macrumors newbie

I bought a 24 inch refurb about a month before the refresh, and at first I was bummed out that I didn't have the 27 inch monitor, but I went and checked it out and I actually prefer the look and size of the 24 inch. The colors on the 27 WERE more vibrant, but honestly the 24 inch looks just fine and I prefer the size as well as the silver border. It is a great machine. My only regret is that I could have gotten it cheaper but that's it. I say go for it! It's the last revision before the refresh, so it has all the kinks worked out, and is plenty powerful.

4. tchockey macrumors member

hi
    go for it !!!!!!!! best deal on imac out there. 24 3.06 4gb 1tb pcconnection express 1329.00 shipped new. I have had 3 i7 quad core and 21.5. I love the the speed of the i7 thats about it. I org had 24 with ati 4850 and wanted to shoot someone for selling it after getting all the new imacs. I was lucky enough to get a used 24 with 3.06 gt 130 and 1tb. I love it, 24 is the perfect size. no yellow and super fast as well. I thought I was going to lose something with gt 130 compared to 4850 I had, but for some reason this 24 is much faster. it was a very late refurb from mac. I think it boots up as fast as all my i7 quads.
    you will love it at almost half the price as i7 quad.
    good luck !!!!!!!