24" iMac BTO options questions

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by lasuther, Aug 9, 2007.

1. lasuther macrumors 6502a

What is the difference between the 24" base model with the upgraded processor, memory, and hard drive to the top of the line 24" model. From what I can see, they both cost $2299 and there is no difference between them. Which makes me wonder why they even have the top of the line model.

I am planning on buying a new 24", but honestly I was hoping for more with the new case. It just seems to be the same thing but new material. I"ll be checking it out in person this weekend at the Apple store. Hopefully I'm more impressed then.

2. atari1356 macrumors 68000

atari1356

The difference is you can get the base model with just 1GB of RAM... then buy the extra 1GB cheaper from someone else. :)

3. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

there is no real difference. you could buy the extra RAM elsewhere for less than the $150 upgrade Apple charges. it's kind of like the difference between the stock high-end white and black MacBooks. the only difference is color when they're spec'd the same. with respect to the iMacs, though, there is no color difference (as you can plainly tell).

it seems Apple just made it easier to order the machine you want by reducing the number of clicks you have to make :)

4. giganten macrumors 6502a

Hehe, soon you don't even have to click to order ;).