24" iMac display issues

Discussion in 'iMac' started by HE15MAN, May 11, 2013.

1. HE15MAN macrumors 6502a

HE15MAN

My 3.06 24" iMac this morning was running great. Then all of a sudden the screen got multicolored lines running across it and the background went solid white. I turned it off and power cycled it hoping to fix this. Upon powering back up, there was a solid white screen with the strange horizontal lines kinda flashing and a message that said there was an error with my Mac. Any help?

Thanks

2. HE15MAN thread starter macrumors 6502a

HE15MAN

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

There really is no help to give. It is likely a hardware issue that will be difficult to diagnose over the Internet. You would be best served by having someone look at it. It could be the display, the graphics card, or the motherboard, we just can't tell from here.

TEG

4. HE15MAN thread starter macrumors 6502a

HE15MAN

5. rkaufmann87 macrumors 68000

rkaufmann87

Google Apple Hardware Test for instructions on how to run it. Then run AHT in Extended Mode at least 3x back to back, when you see the error code you will know for sure you have a hardware issue (which you do so running the test is a waste of time) then you can take it in for help. Don't bother asking what the code means, Apple does not publish that information so any data you get from a help forum at best will be a guess.