24" iMac Display

Discussion in 'iMac' started by natewsmith, Nov 14, 2007.

1. natewsmith macrumors regular

So I'm loving my iMac and have noticed for a while now and was hoping that upgrading to Leopard would fix my screen. Nothing is wrong with it physically but I find that the font could be a lot more crisp. I haven't done anything to it since taking it out of the box in terms of calibrating it but is there a way like windows has clearfont to use on my mac? I wish it wouldn't be so edgy I guess would be the word I'm looking for..

Nate

2. imacan macrumors regular

First, if you don't want to calibrate right away, at least use a profile like Adobe RGB. Then try the Strong font smoothing option in the Appearance section of System Preferences.

3. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

My imac screen was overpoweringly bright - I modified my Adobe RGB profile - to darken it as much as possible, and clear things up. It's a vast improvement to my eyes over the "imac" profile.

If you're not running the Native Resolution on your LCD. (1920 x 1200 for the 24" imac) Everything will be fuzzy looking. (you likely already know this)

I don't know why, but when running in BootCamp - text within XP is very clear - just seems to be something about the characters in OSX. It doesn't bother me as much these days.

4. DesignerOnMac macrumors 6502a

DesignerOnMac

What program are the fonts fuzzy in??

I am on a 24" extreme iMac, use indesign and photoshop and none of my fonts are fuzzy or not crisp!

Calculate your monitor and see what happens...

5. natewsmith thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the help. I guess I should have just done that off the bat. But it being my first mac I was positive as how good mac is that it would come pre done. HAHA!

Nate