24" iMac not in stores?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by wagoncart, Sep 9, 2007.

1. wagoncart macrumors newbie

We were all ready to buy the 2.8ghz iMac yesterday but after going to our local Mac reseller and a couple other less desirable stores we were told that model is sold online only. Is that really true? Apple.com is showing that it won't ship until Sept 13th which isn't the end of the world but I'd rather just pick one up in store. Any wisdom or suggestions?

2. tkidBOSTON macrumors 6502a

tkidBOSTON

I was in Best Buy (in Boston, MA) and they had the 24" on display and for sale.

3. WarMace macrumors member

The 2.8g processor is a custom configuration that can only be ordered from the online Apple store. The 2.4g 24" iMac in the standard config should be available in stores.

4. wagoncart thread starter macrumors newbie

I got so much conflicting information yesterday. The worst of course was the guy at CompUSA telling me that they hadn't gotten a single new iMac in 20 inch, 24 inch, or otherwise all with a straight face while I stood there with my hand on one. I was only wondering about the 2.8ghz because a lot of resellers appear to have it online but most can't ship until the end of next week. I want it NOW! :)

5. Tymmz macrumors 65816

Tymmz

great!

6. tkidBOSTON macrumors 6502a

tkidBOSTON

Right, I forgot about that part. Makes sense that stores wouldn't carry the 2.8.