24" iMac Purchase now Or Wait?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by gr81mgbgt, Dec 14, 2008.

  1. gr81mgbgt macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Mar 18, 2008
    #1
    $1499.00 iMac 24" 2.8ghz, New Sealed In Box....

    Do i buy it or do i wait until January?
    Can i have your guys opinion............
     
  2. jvlog macrumors member

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2008
    #2
    it's roughly a month till macworld. unless your buying it for someone for xmas it's pointless to buy one now
     
  3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

    Tallest Skil

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2006
    Location:
    1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
    #3
    If you have to ask at this point, without searching, get it and don't whine when it's outdated in less than a month.
     
  4. gr81mgbgt thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Mar 18, 2008
    #4
    Ok, so wait? Its for basic home use... I guess i would feel bad when its going to be outdated within a month.
     
  5. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

    Tallest Skil

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2006
    Location:
    1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
  6. NorrisKillsKids macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jan 14, 2008
  7. gr81mgbgt thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Mar 18, 2008
    #7
    Alright.... i am going to wait... It better be good :apple: !
     
  8. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

    QCassidy352

    Joined:
    Mar 20, 2003
    Location:
    Bay Area
    #8
    IMO it's NOT going to be updated at macworld. Maybe BY macworld, but the next imac revision is very likely just going to be some minor spec bumping, and that's not going to make it in to a keynote.

    Also, maybe NOT by macworld. People have been counseling against buying minis for over 6 months now on the assumption that updates are coming soon. There's just no predicting with apple.

    So all told, the answer is the same as it always is when someone asks this question - if you can wait, then you'll either get a better machine for the same price or the current machines at a nice discount. If you can't wait then the current models are more than adequate for basic uses.
     
  9. robertgarven macrumors member

    robertgarven

    Joined:
    Oct 27, 2008
  10. ManuelGnR macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Nov 4, 2008
    Location:
    Netherlands
    #10
    I am gonna wait till MacWorld (or even a bit later) but if I were you I wouldn't wait I think. I don't even have the total money for my 24'' yet (would borrow some) but this sounds like a very good offer... So much better can't the new one be, can it?
     
  11. gr81mgbgt thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Mar 18, 2008
    #11
    I don't know.... If the speed is only going to be upgraded, then this is fine.

    If its not going to be even noted in the keynote whats is everyone expecting? :confused:
     
  12. Hellhammer Moderator

    Hellhammer

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2008
    Location:
    Finland
    #12
    wait dude wait. I've been waiting them from summer! old ones prices will go down after the release of new ones, so if you want to buy old one it will be cheaper
     

Share This Page