24" iMac sound issue

Discussion in 'iMac' started by smitty330, Aug 25, 2007.

1. smitty330 macrumors member

smitty330

When I am listening to music and a sound from another program happens, it makes that sound but then also a like scratchy noise just for a split second. This is particularly annoying when listening to music and talking in ichat. Anyone having similar problems??

2. nfocus design macrumors regular

nfocus design

I htink I have the same thing. I thought it was because I was running EyeTV. It just does it every now and then. I know sometimes when rendering video in FCP, the audio on EyeTV will skip around until the rendering is done. I was going to buy the EyeTV 250 Plus in hopes of fixing that issue.

Sometimes my computer will make the high pitch scratchy noise doing something as simple as hitting the volume button or double clicking on a file on my desktop.

3. fbx macrumors member

See this thread. There are several about this problem. No solutions yet.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=344976

4. nfocus design macrumors regular

nfocus design

I don't know about the OP, but I am not having the problem they are having in this other thread. It isn't a hissing noise, it doesn't follow every sound and I'm NOT using Windows. The sound is hard to describe, but it just sounds like a sound glitch and it's only for a split second. It only happens once every few days. Nothing for me to get really upset over, but just something that is noticeable.

5. Zaibatsu macrumors newbie

I do encounter the exact same problem. Already posted this here: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=345868 a coupe of days before. Yesterday i called Apple-Support for a Replacementmachine. But if you other guys have the same problem, i might aswell wait for a software update?

6. nfocus design macrumors regular

nfocus design

Well, maybe I'm the odd ball, but I don't recall having the problem when iTunes is running.

7. Zaibatsu macrumors newbie

Maybe, but what you describe with eyeTV is exactly what happens here, too. In fact this problem occurs with 2 audio sources played simultaniously, but only at the beginning of the second audio source. Am i right?

8. CIrawI3riCIge macrumors member

iMac Feedback

To the OP and everyone else having similar issues, please report them to Apple via iMac Feedback:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/imac.html

That way, Apple becomes aware of the problem and can hopefully issue a fix.