24" iMac vs. 27" iMac???

Discussion in 'iMac' started by icemantx, Nov 5, 2010.

1. icemantx macrumors regular

I have an early 2009 24" iMac 2.93 GHz Core 2 Duo/1TB/4GB/GT 120 and have thought about the 27" iMac since it came out last year.

There really is nothing wrong with my computer (it was still current just over a year ago), but the 27" is a gorgeous screen.

That said, I am having trouble justifying the cost to upgrade on the screen size alone. Would jumping to a Core i3 (cheapest option) really show any noticible speed improvements with iPhoto or iMovie? Mostly I use iTunes, iPhoto, Safari and occasionally iMovie - clearly not a power user.

However, before dropping another $500-700 after selling my current iMac for a new 27", I was curious if anyone had any advice as to whether or not it is really a worthwhile upgrade? I am not too much into gaming either...

My thinking is keep what I have and just wait until something really compelling in a new iMac other than just a larger screen comes out somewhere down the line.

Thoughts?
    Jeff

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

You likely wouldn't notice a very big difference in speed, especially for the cost.

3. rkaufmann87 macrumors 68000

rkaufmann87