24" iMac with discount?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mentalcats, May 15, 2007.

1. mentalcats macrumors newbie

iMac 24" 2.16 with 7600GT... can get one from Apple Store with 7.5% discount. Although WWDC is only a few weeks away, is it worth taking the discount or wait until WWDC?

My G4 is showing the strain of having to boot off the external HD as the internal died just before christmas. Was waiting for Leopard but can't wait until October.

:apple:

2. moonzilla macrumors regular

personally, id just wait it out. if the only difference two months from now were santa rosa, id tell you to just buy it now, but since there are various reports about an updated imac design, i think holding off would be smart. especially if you're like me and wanted to newest style ;)

but let me also just go ahead and say what im sure someone else will eventually:
    buy your new computer when you NEED to, not when you WANT to. it sounds like you do need one, but only you know if you can live with your current situation for another two months.

at least you know that if you do in fact wait, you'll be rewarded with santa rosa and MAYBE a new design