24 inch ACD .Issues?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by nyprospect, Nov 7, 2009.

1. nyprospect macrumors 6502

Hi.I was interested in the 24 inch acd led but i am apprehensive because of the reported color shifting and dimming issues.Anyone recommend this display?I want to go the refurbished route.Thanks for your help.

2. c.s. macrumors regular

c.s.

I've had to send 2 of the refurbished units back, but Apple has been very generous about it. One had the intermittent black flash, one had an uneven backlight from left to right. They will certainly take it back for these issues. Just be prepared to possibly go through a couple of annoying exchanges before getting a good one. I think that maybe the refurbished ones have imperfections that are much easier to overlook when going through the refurbishment process. Not sure someone who's testing computer hardware all day would necessarily notice a color issue. That's my take. But I will say the 24" ACD is the best monitor you can possibly buy (if you don't work near a window). Very happy with it.

3. fartheststar macrumors 6502a

fartheststar

4. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

I adore my Apple Cinema Display and my buyers remorse went right out the window after getting it.

That being said most people get a flawless refurb from what I see buy my refurb was flawed. Apple exchanged it no questions asked and paid for shipping and sent me a new one.

I use mine near a window but the brightness of the LED kills the glare. I love this monitor :D

5. nyprospect thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the replies.I guess i'll go with an imac instead of hooking up an acd to a mac mini.

6. darkpaw macrumors 6502

darkpaw

My refurb 24" LED display lasted one day before white smoke came billowing out of the left speaker. I've been trying to get in touch with AppleCare but no luck thus far - they only deal with iPhone issues on a Sunday... Grrr.

7. nyprospect thread starter macrumors 6502

Omg .I'm sure Apple will replace it.Not sure if i want the acd.I suppose i'll pass on it.