24 Inch LED on and off

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by NickB2005, Dec 8, 2010.

1. NickB2005 macrumors newbie

okay guys so question...

I have a 24 inch ACD LED and it's been working fine since June. However, today it kept on flickering off then would come back on and be fine for 10 seconds then go off again and kept repeating.

Luckily, applecare is on it till 2013. I called up applecare and they said this is a very known issue with this display? That I need the all-in-one cable replaced

So I brought it to my local store and they tell me 3-5 days without it.

I don't know why they couldn't just switch it out for me?

Anyone else have this issue?

2. NickB2005 thread starter macrumors newbie

they had to use part # 922-8679 the all in one cable.

3. NickB2005 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. franloutwo macrumors newbie

Same issue 30 inch display

Unfortunately for me my display is approx. three years old without Apple Care.

The monitor would go off say once or twice a week. I believe it is a power problem, however, you seem to have the same problem and are told the cable has to be replaced.

I think I solved the problem. I set the monitor to never go off and after shutting down turn the power off from the power strip. Seems to work but really not a solution. Now your told by Apple Care this is a common problem. You would think they would alert the public to this issue given the cost of the monitor.

Do you have any comments?

5. NickB2005 thread starter macrumors newbie

I had my local Apple store replace it and I just got it back today. Took a day to fix if you don't have apple care it's $83 approx.

Seems to be working well today.

I hope that's what solved the problem and it's not a power issue like you say.

6. playalistic macrumors regular

Exactly the same issue with mine. Had it fixed outside of warranty and they charged me about £40ish. They messed up my display by leaving loads of dust under the glass (they didn't have a clean room, go figure) so I complained and they gave me a new display instead. Win.