24"L.C.D. Speaker Quality - FYI

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by shoopaman, Nov 29, 2008.

1. shoopaman macrumors 6502

shoopaman

It certainly is a 2.1 system with a tee-ny woofer. Surely, Better than MBP's
    :D.

But it is not punchY, I believe the tone is about 15% less than MBP.
    :apple: has limited it's volume capacity...

2. smartalic34 macrumors 6502a

smartalic34

where are the speakers located on the display?

3. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

I'm guessing, just like the iPod touch and iPhone speakers, it's inside the display bezel.

4. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

There's a bunch of holes hidden in the bottom, imagine sound comes from there.

Kind of disappointing, thought :apple: would have given them more oomph than a MBP.

Love the new MBP speakers!!! :apple::apple::apple:

5. avalys macrumors 6502

The speakers are the dumbest thing about this display, even moreso than the DisplayPort.

It would have been great if Apple had put a headphone jack on the display, so we could hook up external speakers to it and have them automatically selected when we plug in our laptops.

6. wetrix macrumors 6502

wetrix

I like that the sound quality is as good from behind the display as in front. It means I don't have to change the volume when I'm in the kitchen (behind the display). The sound quality is nothing to write home about, but it's as good as an iMac.

7. shoopaman thread starter macrumors 6502

shoopaman

right on the bottom, just like the iMacs. And the woofer is in the back. which does give a little more puff than the MBP.
    I would disagree with you on the "...dumbest" on the speakers, they are quiet decent compared to other built in monitor speakers, but I do very much agree with you on the MIA headphone jack! it would be pain in the rear to un/hook every-time. But what's another jack on top of the three you have to mess with docking the new MB's...
    Actually L.C.D.'s speakers are quiet "oomph"-ier than our MBP's. I do also like the MBP speakers, they are crisp. L.C.D. speakers adds some woof's to it.

If you haven't yet, try going in to the System Preference-Sound-Output, instantly switching between Internal and Display speakers, you'll notice the "OOMPHS":D