Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mgpg89

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 31, 2008
Belgium
Does anyone have this set-up?

If so, please post some pictures to convince it's not as ugly as it looks in my head.
Greatly appreciated

Tallest Skil

macrumors P6
Aug 13, 2006
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
The ugliness would come from the fact that you're mixing aluminum, black, white, and plastic.

I really want them to update the Mighty Mouse to not be plastic, and perhaps offer a black-keyed version of the Apple Keyboard, since that's the way they seem to be going.

mgpg89

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 31, 2008
Belgium
The ugliness would come from the fact that you're mixing aluminum, black, white, and plastic.

I really want them to update the Mighty Mouse to not be plastic, and perhaps offer a black-keyed version of the Apple Keyboard, since that's the way they seem to be going.

Exactly.
We now have an aluminum iMac with the Apple wireless keyboard and mighty mouse and I can't really say it's a beautiful set-up.

Hopefully these updated peripherals could come as soon as Macworld.

mgpg89

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 31, 2008
Belgium
Indeed, quite ugly.
Hoping for black keys in January.

24-inch-led-screen-4-2.jpg

vincebio

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2005
Glasgow
ok. beauty being in the eye of the holder and all that...

but get an effing grip you guys...

go buy a stock pc and tell me what you would prefer...

yeah thought so

its not ugly, just a bit mismash....nothing more

aaquib

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2007
Toronto, Canada
ok. beauty being in the eye of the holder and all that...

but get an effing grip you guys...

go buy a stock pc and tell me what you would prefer...

yeah thought so

its not ugly, just a bit mismash....nothing more

...Compared to the old setup of a last gen 23", last gen MBP, and current keyboard and MM, the new setup looks horrible. You may call it a "mismash", but I call it "ugly".

svndmvn

Nov 6, 2007
Italy
buy this
I thought the keys on Macbook Airs and new Macbooks/Pros were because they look good when backlit, I doubt the aluminum Keyboard(be it wireless or not) would look as good as it does right now if it were black/silver. It's just that these are a lot more "accessories" than the displays...it's not like you want your airport/time capsule to be silver/black, the way they are now would make them look really cheap in that picture as well

imac2.jpg

this looks pretty good to me, let some more light in your room:) Aluminum is the new white

mgpg89

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 31, 2008
Belgium
I see what you're getting at...

So what are the chances of an external backlit keyboard with black keys?
Is it even possible? (increase in power consumption and all that?)

svndmvn

Nov 6, 2007
Italy
I see what you're getting at...

So what are the chances of an external backlit keyboard with black keys?
Is it even possible? (increase in power consumption and all that?)

Someone was saying backlit keyboards are for portables, I find it true or at least possible.
It could become an option, I don't really think they'll make a black Mighty Mouse though, did you check that link? it looks like a good option.
Another thing is how black keys look after they've been used a bit, someone was complaining about his backspace key wearing out really fast on the new MBP or MB, can't remember exactly

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
^ the black paint is infused so it's next to impossible to rub it off. Maybe a few smudges.

ANWAYS, who cares about looks? It's what you do with ur equipment, not how pretty your equipment looks...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.