24" LED ACD - Backlight Bleed and Color Gradient? Should I exchange?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by avatar0, Jul 23, 2009.

1. avatar0 macrumors newbie

Hello,

I recently bought myself a 24" LED cinema display and immediately noticed that the lower right quadrant of the screen was slightly greener than the rest of the screen. It's subtle but its there. Im guessing it has something to do with the backlighting.

Does anyone else experience this? Should I ask for an exchange? I find the color variation pretty annoying and I notice it alot since I work with solid colors/shapes.

I noticed this exact problem in a 24" dell I bought a few years back (2407wfp) which i subsequently returned.

Below is a picture i took with my ****** camera. I don't know how obvious it is in the picture, but it's there.

Attached Files:

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I must be stupid as I don't see an issue in your pic.

3. avatar0 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

If the issue is as you say then I would return it. The panel should be perfect.

5. Jigsawjammer macrumors regular

I say return it, that is a lot of money for a monitor and it should be flawless.

6. nanofrog macrumors G4

Unfortunately, it's just a consumer grade monitor, not professional. :( That makes it even worse IMO, when you do discover a flaw. :rolleyes:

7. avatar0 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm gonna call Apple tomorrow and see if they can arrange to pick it up for an exchange.