24" LED ACD Cover

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Pika, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Pika macrumors 68000

Pika

Does anyone know where can i buy a cover for the new Apple 24" LED Cinema Display? My room if full of dust and dirt and i wonder if a transparent plastic cover exist. What do you guys use to cover your display when not in use? I've been using a t-shirt! Help.

Something like this would be nice:

[​IMG]

2. KnightWRX macrumors Pentium

KnightWRX

Nice has nothing to do with that picture, sorry. I just dust it off when it gets too dirty.

3. Pika thread starter macrumors 68000

Pika

But while you dust it off, your risking your monitor to get scrached. There might be small particles that while you clean it might scratch... i rather clean the cover then the display itself.

4. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

It's a display, not a Da Vinci. If you don't want it to look used, leave it in the box.

5. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

What I find funny about that picture is that they covered the iSight camera with the silicon; everything is going to look red, or blue, or green, etc.

6. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

You might want to look into cleaning your room, seems like a better option

7. brentsg macrumors 68040

Alot less chance of scratching it with a cleaning cloth than risking some debris getting between the silicon cover and display when you put the cover on.

Besides how can your room be so dirty and dusty?

8. Pika thread starter macrumors 68000

Pika

I didnt clean my room 5 months ago. Theres dust everywhere. :(

9. FarSeide macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

just use your micro fiber cloth to dust it off when it gets dusty or even the cloth that came with the ACD.

no need for cover unless your planning on stuffing it in your pocket like the iPhone.

10. KnightWRX macrumors Pentium

KnightWRX

Unless you have diamond dust in your room, the aluminium and glass should be fine.

I'm not suggesting dusting it off with sand paper, micro fiber cloth is good enough.

11. rkdiddy macrumors 65816

rkdiddy

I use a can of compressed air to blow the dust off, then I use a microfiber towel lightly.

If that doesn't work you could always hold off on the display and spend the money on a house cleaner. ;)

12. paulg1979 macrumors member

Is that not like buying a car with lovely leather seats and then buying seat covers to stop them getting dirty.

Enjoy the looks and keep it clean.

13. John.B macrumors 601

John.B

14. bigdaddyp macrumors regular

Good Cleaner

I happen to have the scourge of little children in the house. I usually have much more then dust to clean off my ole whitey imac :eek:. I use a clean soft cotton cloth that has been washed with out the use of fabrik softner (leaves behind a streaky residue). I spray the rag with sprayway window cleaner. Best stuff ever and its cheap. Made with distilled water and a couple different kids of alcohol. Works great on flat screen tv's to.