24 LED ADC " Picture Vertically Jumbled Issue"

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Ka Ora!, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Ka Ora! macrumors regular

On and off I have had the Flash to Black issue with my LED ADC which has not bothered me to much. But suddenly the Desktop jumbled itself up vertically the 1st inch Left Hand strip with the apple logo "About this mac menu etc etc" ended up on the right hand side of the screen. Shutting down the system and restarting sorted it. Camera was flat but it's on charge now just in case it happens again, but a screen shot showed no issues.

2. skorpien macrumors 68020

If the screenshot didn't display it, then it's a hardware issue. Specifically, it sounds like is a faulty graphics card, not the ACD itself. Have Apple check everything if it's still under AppleCare.

3. Gonzo3333 macrumors 6502a

Gonzo3333

I have had strange things happen if the MiniDisplay Port cable was not plugged in just right. Was the screen flashing at all? The flash to black happen if you have a screen saver set to one of your corners and you inadvertently put the mouse cursor in that corner.

If it happens again try pushing the MiniDisplay Port cable in just a little bit more. I hope that is the problem for your sake.

4. Ka Ora! thread starter macrumors regular

Cheers it has not happen since, Im keeping my eyes on it:D

There was nothing in the logs other than a whole bunch of PNG warnings but it was rocket science to me.