Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sanPietro98

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 30, 2008
28.416834,-81.581214
I've had the occasional screen flicker with my otherwise fantastic LED Cinema Display. Since upgrading my MBA to Snow Leopard, the flickers definitely seem more frequent. Anyone else seeing this?

scormier

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2008
I have a MacBook Pro (5,3), a 24" cinema display and I just upgraded to Snow Leopard on Friday. I was in front of my computer all weekend and didn't notice the cinema display flickering until today.
It's been flickering more frequently in the last couple of hours and I just experienced my first kernel panic since purchasing the computer in June.
I know this doesn't help you, but at least you know you're not the only one ;)
I'll keep you posted if I find anything else out.

I should clarify, however, that by 'flicker' I mean the cinema display goes completely black for a second or two and it seems to happen when I move my mouse from cinema display back to the macbook display.

scormier

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2008
It's no longer a problem for me for some reason. I don't remember if I was running in 64-bit mode at the time of my last comment, but I had to switch to 32-bit for other reasons. This change may have helped my situation, but again, I'm not sure.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.