24" LED Cinema Display Flicker worse since Snow Leopard?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by sanPietro98, Aug 30, 2009.

1. sanPietro98 macrumors 6502a

sanPietro98

I've had the occasional screen flicker with my otherwise fantastic LED Cinema Display. Since upgrading my MBA to Snow Leopard, the flickers definitely seem more frequent. Anyone else seeing this?

2. scormier macrumors newbie

I have a MacBook Pro (5,3), a 24" cinema display and I just upgraded to Snow Leopard on Friday. I was in front of my computer all weekend and didn't notice the cinema display flickering until today.
    It's been flickering more frequently in the last couple of hours and I just experienced my first kernel panic since purchasing the computer in June.
    I know this doesn't help you, but at least you know you're not the only one ;)
    I'll keep you posted if I find anything else out.

I should clarify, however, that by 'flicker' I mean the cinema display goes completely black for a second or two and it seems to happen when I move my mouse from cinema display back to the macbook display.

3. wfbnadador macrumors newbie

me three

let me know if anyone knows why this happens. seems sorta random to me.

cheers-

4. scormier macrumors newbie

It's no longer a problem for me for some reason. I don't remember if I was running in 64-bit mode at the time of my last comment, but I had to switch to 32-bit for other reasons. This change may have helped my situation, but again, I'm not sure.