24" LED Cinema Display next to 24" iMac?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ckelley, Dec 2, 2008.

1. ckelley macrumors regular

Does anyone that has a 24" LED Cinema Display also have a 24" iMac nearby? I wanted to get an idea of whether or not their screens were at the same height or not, so that if (in the future, when Mini-DVI to Mini DisplayPort adapters are made) I got one and placed it side-by-side with my 24" iMac, it would look proper, or if I'd have to get a spare book or something to put it on top of so that it aligned correctly.

At home I have a 20" iMac (white plastic, one of the first Intel units) and a 20" Viewsonic LCD, and I have to lift the 20" Viewsonic a bit over 3/4" so that the panels (not the bezels or anything, but the panels) are at the same height, otherwise I have to use the Displays panel and adjust the Viewsonic to be a little bit lower.

Hopefully someone can help me out here, or point me in the right direction!

Thanks guys!

2. rogersmj macrumors 68020

rogersmj

3. ckelley thread starter macrumors regular

Wow, that's not good. Maybe someone can make something appealing so that it matches up with the iMac, maybe slides the base into an aluminum "brick" because I'd feel so bad and worry about just shoving a thick book underneath it.

Not that having them match is a NECESSITY, but it'd be nice.

4. TJunkers macrumors 6502a

TJunkers

Yeah, It would bother me a lot if the two monitors weren't the same height. I know it sounds picky, but when they are directly next to each other they look even sexier... Guess I could always make a mount for it to store my external under or something...

5. AppleNewton macrumors 68000

AppleNewton

http://www.macessity.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=29799

LowKey stand seems like it might provide almost the perfect amount of height to match the LCDs of each.

6. descartes macrumors 6502

7. gazfocus macrumors 68000

gazfocus

unfortunately, that Lowkey stand is only 1inch high and it looks like the difference in height between the iMac and LED Display is bigger than an inch.

I'm considering getting an iMac with a 2nd display too but the height issue is a deal breaker...may end up with a Mac Pro and 2 x 23" ACD's instead

8. Tastannin macrumors 6502

Tastannin

Why don't you ask Macessity if they'd consider releasing a second model of the LowKey stand that would fix this issue. I'm sure there's going to be demand for it. Can't hurt.