Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

themp

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 18, 2011
Hello,

I recently noticed some vertical lines on the lower left corner of my 24" LED cinema display. I've attached a picture. They're very faint and visible mostly on white or light grey with higher brightnesses. Anyone know what this could be?

Thanks!!

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 394

cosmicjoke

macrumors 6502
Oct 3, 2011
Portland, OR
Hello,

I recently noticed some vertical lines on the lower left corner of my 24" LED cinema display. I've attached a picture. They're very faint and visible mostly on white or light grey with higher brightnesses. Anyone know what this could be?

Thanks!!

Can't make out anything from your pic man...

themp

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 18, 2011
Yea, I can't seem to capture them on camera... oh well not a big deal. I was more curious than anything. They kind of look like magnetic interference that you'd see on an old CRT (my speaker is next to the screen) but I don't think magnets impact LCDs in any way.

Roberson

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2012
but I don't think magnets impact LCDs in any way.

Not sure about magnets affect with LCD's. I have opposite approach, that may be wrong. :rolleyes:

keeping away any other electric, audio/video and any cellular device can also reduce this issue, I think so,,,:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.