24" LED Cinema Display

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by stevey69, Mar 6, 2009.

1. stevey69 macrumors regular

hello,
    i have been a avid reader on macforums for a while and decided to sign up finally.i must say, I LOVE this site!.

I have a unibody pro and im looking for a external monitor. im likin the way LED looks but i dont know if its worth 900$. also, im a total newbie at external monitors so please explain technical details . can you guys tell me the pro's & cons and whats the 1 thing that you would like to change in the display.

also, im currently 2 hrs away from warsaw, poland and would like to know if its possible to buy it here and estimate price range.

any help is appreciated.

steve

2. rossagrant macrumors member

Hi there,
    I just purchased the LED Cinema display this afternoon and I must say that fter spending just one evening with it I think it is absolutely awesome!
    So easy to set up out of the box, no messing with settings just plug it in and off you go. I bought a wireless keyboard and mouse that I have synced to my Unibody Macbook pro and it is just like having a desktop machine infront of you. You can close the lid of the Macbook pro and let it go to sleep, just using the LED as a display or if you want to use them both in conjunction and have dual monitors (again, so easy to set up).

The only cons are the price, it's obviously not cheap to buy but remember it is LED and not LCD so in terms of brightness and colours, it is absolutely stunning. When working with iPhoto and Final Cut tonight it really brings the pictures to life!

I thoroughly recommend it. There are obviously alternative displays out there that will connect to your Macbook with the various adaptors on the market but if you want to go for 'ready out of the box', desgined exactly with your Macbook in mind (it even charges your Macbook when using it) then you can't beat it.
    Let me know how you get on! :)

3. entatlrg macrumors 68040

entatlrg

how do you find the size of the 24" for sitting close to at a desk and working, imo it might be a little large, the 20" seems more like the size you'd sit in front of and do work, text, writing, surfing etc ...

The Apple Rep told me it's more to be used 4-5' away for photo's, movies etc, for business app's the 20" is more appealing to sit close too, I tend to agree with that ... it left me thinking ... I actually went in to buy the 24" and instead decided to go home and decide on the 24 or 20" ACD ...

4. dubhe macrumors 65816

dubhe

I agree, I would love a 20" to compliment my MBA. Maybe we will see one in the near future...