24" LED Cinema to non apple hardware (no adapter)?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by xper, Oct 25, 2009.

1. xper macrumors 6502

xper

Have tried to find the info for this but i always end up with an article claiming you could do this with an adapter from some company, dvi to mini-displayport but what if my PC have an mini-displayport?

So PC to Apple Cinema 24 = displayport to displayport, using Vista och Win7

Is this possible?

2. guitargoddsjm macrumors 6502

Well... I would assume it might work? Apple's sys requirements are that it's a Mac with a mini displayport, but you can use apple wireless keyboards and mice with other computers...

However, with the money, you might be better off purchasing a 21.5" iMac, as you can use one as an external display, and with the extra $200, you'll be getting a fully functional computer as well...

3. xper thread starter macrumors 6502

xper

Hmm i read a rumor that the 21.5" iMac doesnt have the displayport input support?

I will be getting a 27" iMac but i still want 2 different setups, and it is to expensive to buy 2 iMacs, also i want a 24" Cinema, i like the looks!

4. guitargoddsjm macrumors 6502

Bah, just get a mac!

Haha, I'm not sure what else to tell you... if you could, I'd recommend just trying it out in an apple store, but I'm not sure how numerous they are in Sweden.

Maybe you could order one from Amazon, and if it doesn't work, ship it back?

5. xper thread starter macrumors 6502

xper

I´ve already got a Mac and honestly they are great for 80% of the stuff i do but they cant handle the games i play, maybe the Mac Pro but to expensive for me!

Well i could buy a Cinema 24 and test if, if it doesnt work i could send it back but it seems like to much of a hassle, it´s easier to see if someone here have tested it ;)