24" led display box size (carry on luggage)

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Remilio, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Remilio macrumors newbie

Hi,

Maybe a odd question.
    I am planning to visit the US and was thinking about buying a 24" led display.

Since I will need to take it back to Europe I would like to take it with me as carry on luggage (cargo area doesn't seem like to good an idea).

I know I kan find the display sizes on the web site but am interested in knowing the size of the box while the unit is still packed.

Can any one tell me the boxed sizes.

Thanks
    Ray

2. Slowstick macrumors 6502

Not sure about the box dimensions, but the product dimensions are 7.8 by 22.6 by 18.8 inches according to Amazon. The box is probably going to be too big, however it is possible that you can bring that on as a carry on. Call your airline.

If you decide to check it, keep it in the brown shipping box or put it into another box because it is an Apple product and the actual box the display is in will tell everyone that there is a 900 monitor in there and someone might take it. Hopefully that made sense!:D

Other than that, it shouldn't hurt to call the airline.

3. the2j macrumors member

the2j

the box is giant ...
    I just picked one up an hour ago, and the box seems to be as big as the 24in iMac box.

BTW it's freakin' SWEET ! :D

4. Slowstick macrumors 6502

Yep...borderline and probably too big for a carry on.

5. Remilio thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the feedback so far,

As a alternative I am indeed considering to just check it in the amazon (or any other vendor) box. Preferably still I would carry it on or put into my suitcase.

Anyone there that can give me the exact dimensions of the (inner) white apple box.

Thanks

6. Fonzijr1964 macrumors 68000

Fonzijr1964

no way it will go on as carry on

y not just buy it at home?

7. akm3 macrumors 68020

Smartest plan is to UPS it back to you if you already have it.

8. Slowstick macrumors 6502

I agree, bringing that through the airport regardless has to be a difficult task.