24" LED in Refurb Store

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ARK, Mar 16, 2009.

1. ARK macrumors 6502

The 24" LED is in the refurb store now for $100 off. So would you buy new or the refurb??

2. qpid macrumors regular

I might go new, it is usually pretty easy to get some kind of discount at Apple, either EPP or student.

3. ARK thread starter macrumors 6502

The education discount is $100 as well. So for $799 you can get new or refurb. I wonder if you get less of a chance of pixel problems with a refurb since its been looked at by Apple. Buying new in a store however lets you look the product over before taking it home.

4. Croatian macrumors 6502

how would you tell it has a pixel problem
    and refurb is just as good as new, don't they change a casing if it's been damaged

5. KnightWRX macrumors Pentium

KnightWRX

I'd be more concerned about the panels and glass covers than the casing themselves.

There's been a lot of issues with the panels themselves (burnt pixels/sub-pixels, color imbalance) and dust behind the glass covers.

6. ARK thread starter macrumors 6502

Turn it on and see either a stuck pixel or a black pixel......... :eek:

7. macpro2000 macrumors 6502a

Definitely just go to an Apple Store if you have one nearby and buy it there. Tell them you want to open it up first and hook it up to check for bad pixels. I always do that when buying macbooks and imacs and they have no problem with that at all. Then just download Pixelcheck and run it and look carefully. :)