24" LED + Windows POP sound

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by reuvenbrom, Jul 3, 2009.

1. reuvenbrom macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have a 24" LED cinema display hooked up to a quad 2.66 Mac Pro. Whenever I load Windows 7, there is a single 'pop' sound that comes from the cinema display's speakers. It occurs right after choosing the windows partition in the boot menu. Also, it doesnt occur if I disconnect the cinema display's USB cable. However, this sometimes causes Windows not to recognize the monitor.

This sound never happens when loading the OSX partition.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there any solution to this? Thanks in advance!

2. Bigsy macrumors newbie

Forgive me, but I don't understand why this is such a problem?

3. kirreip macrumors regular

Yes mine does exactly the same thing. But I don't think that it is serious problem.

4. UMHurricanes34 macrumors 65816

UMHurricanes34

5. reuvenbrom thread starter macrumors newbie

is there any way to permanently disable the cinema display's built in speakers?

6. harry20larry macrumors 6502a

harry20larry

dude, this isn't a problem
    In my experience with windows, that pop sound would be caused by windows loading up the sound driver for the display and activating the speakers. When activating, sometimes there is a pop, try turning on you home stereo without a small pop

7. dijklarg macrumors newbie

ME also

Hi there,

I also got this problem, which i didn't had before (when I had connected only one display). Last monday I bought another Cinema display, so my total is two. And with both of the displays i've got the popping sound, at the same time when windows tries to use the soundcard.

Did you already solved your problem and if yes, can you help me also?

greetinsg

8. Fastball32 macrumors member

For some reason, the 24" Cinema Display has had popping issues.
    I had a 24" ACD and occasionally it would make popping sounds in Mac OSX.
    It wasn't very obtrusive, but it was slightly annoying so I ended up selling that one and buying a different one. My current 24" ACD does not have popping sounds.
    If you google the 24" ACD with popping sounds, then you will find that this is a common problem with that display.
    My experience was that it would pop randomly, even in Mac OSX. The fact that yours is so specific to a certain scenario within Windows, it seems like it is not a major problem and like the previous comment, one that is related to the Windows driver.