24" Mac over the MBP.....why?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by WhySoSerious, Jul 16, 2007.

1. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

I'm a PC user...who desperately wants to get out of this line and move into the Mac world. I'm not completely satisfied with what I've read on the Apple website, so I decided to ask you all for some insight.

I want a high-end computer (no Mac Pro) with a large display. The use ranges from games to office work to audio/video/photo creation.

My real concern is which to purchase...the MBP or the 24" desktop. I know I have to consider screen size and HD size, but why would I choose one over the other?

Even after the new iMacs come out in the next month or so, why choose a desktop over the MPB? or why choose the MBP over the desktop? It seems to me that MBP is right there on par with whatever a desktop can do...only limitation is HD space.

Should I go with a laptop or desktop? Considering both you can't really upgrade internally, does one out perform the other in terms of sheer satisfaction, assuming you all have purchased a mac before?

2. vendettabass macrumors 6502a

vendettabass

do you need to take your computer away from the desk?

3. NtotheIzoo macrumors regular

exactly...you get the MBP for portability and you pay a premium for it...the iMac, while stationary, has a much larger screen, namely the 24", among other things for the same price...therefore, you must decide the question vendettabass posited.