24" monitor for mac mini!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by think.different, Mar 2, 2009.

1. think.different macrumors newbie

Mar 2, 2009
    Hi folks,

I need some advice on buying a monitor (preferably 24") to go with the rumored mac mini that's gonna be out soon :D

I currently own a 20" iMac core duo - which I am planning to get rid off soon. I use my computer mainly for photo editing (aperture) and hence wanted a bigger monitor to do my work. 24" iMac is out of my budget and hence I am willing to go the mac min route. I am not good with monitor specs and donno where to start .. Any advice will be appreciated :apple:

2. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

Oct 24, 2007
    The 24 inch L.E.D Cinema display would work quite well.

The only thing you can't utilize is the pass through magsafe adapter on the monitor.
  3. Moriarty macrumors 6502

Feb 3, 2008
    I have an inkling that the Mac Mini will utilise the 24 inch LED display's built in power adapter. Why? Well, why not? It can power a Macbook Pro, inclusive of dedicated graphics and display, so there's no reason why it can't power a Mac Mini, which (at the moment, and presumably still will after the update) will contain all laptop components.
  4. think.different thread starter macrumors newbie

Mar 2, 2009

Thanks for your suggestions .. any non-apple displays worth looking at?
  5. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

May 27, 2006
    Well if the Mac mini had a Magsafe connector then you'd be in luck. Unfortunately it doesn't.
  6. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

Jan 7, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Price(mini + 24" ACD)>price(imac 24")
  7. colickyboy macrumors member

Dec 27, 2008
    What Le Big Mac said.
  8. think.different thread starter macrumors newbie

Mar 2, 2009
    Valid point

Valid point about the pricing .. and hence any recommended non-apple displays?
  9. blairh macrumors 68040

Dec 11, 2007
  10. think.different thread starter macrumors newbie

Mar 2, 2009